Are you creative and love code? Techy and tactical too? A career as a WordPress Developer may be for you!
At Bigfoot Digital, we are currently recruiting for the position of WordPress Developer. We are a digital marketing agency based in Barnsley with a growing client base and ambitions to dominate Google for both website design and search engine optimisation services.
Our developers plan, create and code web pages, using both technical and creative skills, to produce WordPress websites that exceed our clients expectations. Not only will you be responsible for stunning concepts, but also the execution of responsive technology across all devices including mobile, tablet and desktop. You will have an eye for graphic design and be skilled in creative design software, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a desire to manage projects and work collaboratively with a team. You will be someone who can help us expand our product and service offering and will come prepared with innovative, creative ideas for marketing the business.
• Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Knowledge of using Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools.
• Designer and builder in WordPress CMS.
• Meeting clients regularly to identify their needs and to discuss ongoing projects.
• Skilled in creative design software like Adobe Creative Suite.
• Designing a website’s visual imagery and ensuring it’s in line with company branding and requirements of the client.
• An understanding of SEO and the ability to work with related specialists.
• Excellent attention to detail, a desire to learn, ability to work under own initiative.
• Highly motivated, with excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude.
• Continual professionalism to keep up-to-date with the latest software updates.
• Technical SEO (general knowledge about Crawl Errors, Sitemaps, Schema Markup, Site Speed Optimisation, User Experience Improvement, Mobile Optimisation, etc.)
• Strong portfolio of varied work, showing a sound knowledge of web design.
• Video filming and editing, including sound, animation and promotion.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight and quick deadlines.
• Write HTML and CSS from scratch.
• Wireframe/layout a website or web application.
• Write a basic application in an object-oriented programming language like PHP, Ruby or Python.
• Work comfortably with a version control system like Git.
• Manage a domain’s DNS settings.
• Deploy a website to a website host.
• Knowledge of working with other popular Content Management Systems like Magento, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
What To Expect:
You will have the chance to progress your career as the business continues to grow with more members of staff joining the existing design team. What’s more, there’s the opportunity to expand your current skill set to help with additional marketing services, such as SEO, Email Marketing and Creative Design.
Friendly, supportive team:
We’re not a company that sets you to work with no training and expects results. We invest in the future of our employees with industry-leading training in all areas of digital marketing. We have access to some of the best training courses in the industry, and you can benefit from our knowledge too.
Sounds like your dream job? Do you tick all the boxes? We can’t wait to hear from you.
Please call 01226 720 755 if you have any questions about the position. Alternatively, you can send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.