It’s been a busy week, so here’s what you may have missed in the SMM and SEM news…
- Happy Birthday Facebook! The social network is 8 today; can anyone even remember life before Facebook?
- They celebrated by filing for an IPO, which could raise them over $10 billion.
- A new app launched which reveals your ‘most valuable follower’ or #MVF, based on the number of followers they have.
- Twitter started to roll out UK brand pages which give brands more flexibility
- Pinterest became one of the top traffic drivers for US retailers.
- Mashable has scoured the internet for the top 15 “sh*t people say” videos, saving you time, and exasperated sighs.
- And finally, security at the Bigfoot Digital blog was compromised this week. We can confirm that it has been taken over. Sources say that her name is Laura, she loves all things social media, and dreams of owning a pug named Willoughby.