Does your business have an online presence? If so, you need a website marketing strategy!
If like us, you are website marketing nerds, then you will be busy planning and revising your strategies for the month ahead. The internet has massively changed the way businesses promote their brands as increasing numbers of customers are starting their buying journey online.
According to Smart Insights, 48% of consumers head to search engines to find out more about products before making an important buying decision. This is really no surprise as Google processes on average 40,000 search queries every second which roughly translates to 3.5 billion every day!
So with potential traffic, inquiries and sales up for grabs, what does this mean for your business? If you don’t have a professional website marketing strategy in place, then you are most certainly missing out on valuable opportunities to engage with new customers and increase your online visibility. Both of which are essential if you hope to grow your business in a competitive market.
We do understand that the world of website marketing can be confusing – SEO, Adwords, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Link Building, etc. Where do you start?
We have put our heads together and combined our collective knowledge to bring you the ultimate website marketing strategy for your business. By following this, you’ll be well on your way to an optimised website marketing strategy that brings in maximum returns.
1) Run a website audit/analysis
Start your website marketing strategy with an audit of your current online efforts. By running a website audit, you will have a better understanding of what you are doing well and what can be done to improve. Looking at your site as a whole will allow you to evaluate website marketing strategies that you might otherwise have missed.
You should consider the following:
- Site structure. Your website should be easy to navigate to ensure your customers find what they are looking for in one session. Review your sitemap and navigation to present a clear pathway through your pages. Make sure your text and images are easily visible, especially on smaller devices.
- Content optimisation. When writing your content make sure it’s optimised for search engines and answers the questions of your readers. Does your content move them one step along the buying journey? Review your content to ensure it provides precise information about your business, products and services.
- Mobile responsive. 60% of searches now come from a mobile phone – is your website optimised for mobile search? If not, why not? You will maximise your chance of a conversion if you optimise for all devices, including mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Site speed. This is now a major ranking factor as well as a key reason people fail to interact with brands. If your website doesn’t load in less than 2-3 seconds, then people will look elsewhere. That’s the harsh reality of website marketing.
Sounding a little too much like hard work? Not to worry. At Bigfoot Digital, we have a free SEO audit tool that does all the tricky stuff for you in no less than 15 seconds. If you are struggling to be found online, this audit will give you the answers you are looking for. This comprehensive tool will act as a guide to show you what’s wrong with your site, and how best to fix it, to ensure you always come out on top. Simply enter your website URL, the keyword you want to rank for and your details, and you’re good to go:
Claim your free SEO audit today!
2) Be SEO-savvy!
The name of the game is to get your buyers to come to you. Make it easy for them to find you, and when they do, offer a flawless user experience. Once you have completed a website audit, it’s time to optimise your website for the best search engine results.
Search engine optimisation is a website marketing strategy that allows you to appear higher in Google results. It’s the best way to ensure you bring in traffic for various competitive online searches.
Here are some of the key ranking factors that will give you an edge over the competition:
- Keyword research. The first step to any website marketing strategy is to identify keywords that will bring in new customers. The trick is to find keywords that have a high search volume but are less competitive. This way you can rank above the competition with minimal effort. With this in mind, consider the search intent of your customers. Only select keywords that are going to be used by potential buyers. For example, ‘SEO services’ has a search volume of 1,800. People searching for this are looking for website marketing support. ‘SEO’ as a keyword, however, has a volume of 43,000. This is a much broader search term that may be used by people looking for a career in SEO or perhaps basic marketing advice. Consider search intent before selecting keywords to ensure the best results.
- Content marketing. Once you have collated a list of keywords, it’s time to start working on creative content. The goal here is to write informative content that your readers want to see on your website. Don’t be tempted to stuff your content with keywords – it doesn’t work! Introduce keywords naturally into your site content to ensure people aren’t put off with over-optimisation. In addition to using keywords in your copy, you’ll also want to pay attention to on-page content like image alt, headings, and URL. Use your keywords strategically on-page to boost SEO.
- Link building. This has long been and remains the number one ranking factor, so pay close attention. Link building is the process of pointing links from third party websites to yours. It’s a simple concept, but one that takes time. There are many different ways to build links, but the most critical considerations are authority and relevance. Start by securing links on local and business directories in your niche. Over time, you can focus on writing creative content for bloggers and influencers with (you guessed it) a link back to your website.
Overall, the process of SEO will help you rank higher in the search engine results and generate more relevant traffic. You are not relying on word of mouth alone. This website marketing strategy provides a consistent stream of potential customers.
If you do not have time to implement successful SEO, then you may want to consider hiring a professional SEO company like us here at Bigfoot Digital. We never stop refining our website marketing strategies to adhere to Google’s best practices. Simply put, we never miss a trick.
3) Write creative content
Content marketing is what gets you those extra visits, likes, and engagements online. This is the process of developing and content strategy that helps you interact with your target audience and get them talking about your brand.
You’ll first want to establish some guidelines to ensure your content strategy is managed to perfection. How often will you publish content? What will your content focus on? Where will you promote that content?
Once you have answered these questions, you can start planning a content calendar. This will help to ensure that you are posting regular, relevant content that is optimised for interested searchers.
4) Scale up your social media marketing
With all that amazing content, you’re going to want to promote it somehow. Social media marketing is a great way to engage with your customers and bring in new ones.
The first step to successful social media is to find out where your target audience operates. It’s important to understand that you don’t need to be active on every social media channel. Let’s say you work in a B2C market and want to increase sales for your furniture business. Instagram is an excellent platform to use because it’s all about the visual sale. It allows you to use hashtags that your target audience is following to expand your reach. You’ll also be able to use the shopping feature to send interested viewers directly to your website. On the other hand, for a B2B business looking to build a professional status online, LinkedIn is the social media channel for you.
5) Use paid advertising to speed up sales
Though you might want to increase your organic traffic levels, SEO takes time. It’s not something that happens overnight. Paid advertising speeds up the process of getting visitors by placing your site at the top of Google – but it comes with a cost. With a clever combination of keyword targeting and content marketing, you can encourage more clicks and work to convert them.
Many different types of paid advertising can bring in high-converting traffic. Google offers paid advertising options through Adwords and Google Display Network. Both forms of advertising can help boost your online visibility.
The Google Adwords content appears in organic search results when people search for specific keywords. You will appear at the very top of the search results for this term based on the success of your ad. The display ads appear on relevant websites as a banner at the top, side or bottom of the page.
Contact our website marketing company for the best results!
A website marketing company will help you generate site traffic and convert that traffic into loyal customers. Our experts have knowledge in all areas of marketing, from stunning site design and development to create content that converts into customers.
In addition to our website marketing services, we evaluate your industry for trends that will help you stand out. It’s a full-service marketing strategy that will have you sitting proudly at the top of the search results.
If you are interested in our website marketing services, give our friendly team a call on 01226 720 755 or drop us an email at email@example.com – we love a good natter!